no charges against frenchwoman for us plane scare
Last Updated : GMT 06:49:16
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
Last Updated : GMT 06:49:16
Arab Today, arab today

No charges against Frenchwoman for US plane scare

Arab Today, arab today

Arab Today, arab today No charges against Frenchwoman for US plane scare

Washington - AFP

A Frenchwoman who caused a security scare on a US-bound flight after she claimed to have been fitted with some kind of device will be sent home without charge, US officials said Wednesday. After investigations, no criminal complaint will be filed against Lucie Zeeko Marigot, a French citizen and a native of Cameroon, who caused her flight from Paris to North Carolina to be diverted to Maine, the Department of Justice said. Marigot, 41, had given the flight attendant a note in French saying she was "a victim of a group of doctors" and that she had "an object in her body that is out of my control," the justice department said in a statement. "When the flight attendant asked whether the object could hurt her or others, she replied that she did not know," it added. "An examination by two doctors on board determined that she had no visible scars indicating any kind of implant." Marigot had also given the attendant a book about her personal story, which was also in French. The US Airways plane, flight 787, flying from Paris, was diverted to Maine, where the woman was taken into custody by the FBI before the Boeing 767 continued its journey to Charlotte, North Carolina. The plane and luggage was searched on arrival in Bangor but no explosives or dangerous items were found, the statement said. Following the investigations, Marigot was to be taken into custody by US border officials and sent back to France, the justice department added. Coming on the heels of a thwarted airline bomb plot by Al-Qaeda's Yemen branch, the incident has laid bare US worry over shifting tactics of militants as they seek new ways -- and new technologies, including non-metallic bombs -- to penetrate ever-tighter US security. US Attorney Thomas E. Delahanty said it had been the right decision to divert the plane, given the circumstances at the time. Last year, US officials warned airlines that militant groups were studying how to surgically hide bombs inside humans to evade airport checks. But the head of the House Homeland Security Committee, Representative Peter King, said there should have been red flags when the woman boarded with no luggage. "She was flying for 10 days. I think if that had been in the US, she would have been taken aside for secondary screening," he said on CNN.

arabstoday
arabstoday

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

no charges against frenchwoman for us plane scare no charges against frenchwoman for us plane scare

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

no charges against frenchwoman for us plane scare no charges against frenchwoman for us plane scare

 



GMT 03:07 2017 Wednesday ,25 January

Health care veterans, pioneers awarded

GMT 05:44 2017 Saturday ,11 November

Business as usual as Hamilton dominates Brazil practice

GMT 11:08 2018 Thursday ,25 October

Russia to be at very high level at conference on Libya

GMT 15:00 2012 Saturday ,21 April

Nelly Karim: Egypt akin to \'Hiya Fawda\'

GMT 03:02 2018 Saturday ,20 January

Egypt's President Sisi says will stand for re-election

GMT 00:51 2017 Tuesday ,24 October

HH the Emir Meets Foreign Minister of Kuwait

GMT 05:42 2017 Saturday ,02 September

64 dead in clashes in Raqa province

GMT 00:08 2017 Sunday ,05 March

Desperate migrants escape Libya 'hell'

GMT 19:24 2016 Saturday ,12 November

Israeli air forces attack Syrian position in Qunaitera
Arab Today, arab today
 
 Arab Today Facebook,arab today facebook  Arab Today Twitter,arab today twitter Arab Today Rss,arab today rss  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
arabstoday, Arabstoday, Arabstoday