britain not treating incident at military base as terrorism at this stage
Last Updated : GMT 06:49:16
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
Last Updated : GMT 06:49:16
Arab Today, arab today

Britain not treating incident at military base as terrorism at this stage

Arab Today, arab today

Arab Today, arab today Britain not treating incident at military base as terrorism at this stage

Security staff locked down the base, used by the United States military
Mildenhall - Arab Today

US military personnel fired shots on Monday as they stopped a man who tried to force his way into a British military base used by the US Air Force, police said, although a security source said it was not thought to be a terrorism incident.
The Mildenhall Royal Air Force base said security staff locked down the base, used by the United States military to refuel US and NATO aircraft in Europe, at about 1300 GMT following reports of a disturbance.
“Shots were fired by American service personnel and a man has been detained with cuts and bruises and taken into custody,” Suffolk police said. “No other people have been injured as a result of the incident.”
The US Air Force said the incident at the base, which is about 77 miles (125 km) northeast of London, had been contained and the suspect had been apprehended.
A Western security source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, told Reuters the British authorities were “not treating the incident as terrorism related at this stage.”
The source added that Suffolk police were taking the lead on the incident and that specialist anti-terrorism officers were not immediately involved.
Police said they remained on the base but there was no threat to the base or local community.
“Police are not looking for anyone else on the site,” the Suffolk force said on Twitter.
Mildenhall houses the 100th Air Refueling Wing and some special operations squadrons.
The 1,162-acre base, which is home to about 3,100 US military and an additional 3,000 family members, is earmarked for closure after the United States said it was going to move is operations from the base to Germany.
The base said in a statement staff had been released from the lockdown about an hour-and-a-half after the incident.
“Individuals in the area surrounding the installation are asked to avoid the base at this time,” it said.
In 2016, a delivery driver was convicted of plotting to kill US troops based in England by staging road accidents with soldiers’ cars and then attacking them with knives and possibly a home-made bomb.
Prosecutors said Junead Khan had used his job to scout RAF Mildenhall and two other US bases while on carrying out deliveries.

Source:Arabnews

arabstoday
arabstoday

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

britain not treating incident at military base as terrorism at this stage britain not treating incident at military base as terrorism at this stage

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

britain not treating incident at military base as terrorism at this stage britain not treating incident at military base as terrorism at this stage

 



GMT 15:19 2015 Wednesday ,18 November

The Superheroes have landed in Al Majaz Waterfront

GMT 14:47 2015 Thursday ,17 December

Orascom Telecom seeks to acquire 100% of Capital Holding

GMT 09:27 2018 Sunday ,21 January

Aoun convenes with French MP of Lebanese origin

GMT 12:13 2018 Saturday ,20 January

Cabinet meets under Aoun, to discuss 34 item agenda

GMT 03:53 2018 Thursday ,18 January

Republican senator slams Trump for Stalin-like attacks

GMT 17:01 2011 Thursday ,10 February

Abu Dhabi to pump $5.2 bln into Aldar

GMT 06:37 2015 Sunday ,27 September

Insigne, Higuain compound Juve woes in Napoli win

GMT 09:17 2013 Wednesday ,06 February

I’m leaving Egypt’s press union

GMT 08:02 2017 Friday ,10 February

Brazil and Argentina to play friendly in Australia

GMT 03:10 2017 Thursday ,10 August

January21st-February19th

GMT 01:23 2017 Saturday ,26 August

November23rd-December21st

GMT 09:23 2017 Saturday ,11 February

Ahly's coach praised his team performance

GMT 03:29 2017 Monday ,18 September

June22nd-July23rd

GMT 10:24 2016 Wednesday ,09 November

Dollar tumbles against yen, euro
Arab Today, arab today
 
 Arab Today Facebook,arab today facebook  Arab Today Twitter,arab today twitter Arab Today Rss,arab today rss  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
arabstoday, Arabstoday, Arabstoday