hezbollah syrian army seek new route for stranded daesh convoy
Last Updated : GMT 06:49:16
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
Last Updated : GMT 06:49:16
Arab Today, arab today

Hezbollah, Syrian army seek new route for stranded Daesh convoy

Arab Today, arab today

Arab Today, arab today Hezbollah, Syrian army seek new route for stranded Daesh convoy

Lebanon’s Hezbollah and the Syrian army
Beirut - Arab Today

 Lebanon’s Hezbollah and the Syrian army are seeking a new route for a convoy of Daeshfighters and their families bound for the jihadists’ stronghold in eastern Syria, a commander in the military alliance backing Syria’s government said.
The convoy of 17 buses carrying about 300 lightly armed fighters and 300 civilians has been stuck in Syria’s eastern desert since Tuesday, with a US-led coalition using air strikes to stop it from entering Daesh territory.
“Work is under way to change the course of the convoy for a second time,” the commander said.
The fighters traveling on the buses surrendered their enclave straddling Syria’s border with Lebanon on Monday in a truce deal that allowed them to join their jihadist comrades on the other side of the country.
It angered both the US-led coalition, which does not want more battle-hardened militants in an area where it is operating, and Iraq, which sees them as a threat because the convoy’s proposed destination of Al-Bukamal is close to its own border.
The Syrian government of President Bashar Assad, helped by Russia and Iran-backed militias including Hezbollah, is fighting Daesh as it pushes eastwards across the desert.
A Britain-based war monitor, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, said dozens of the Daesh fighters had left the stranded convoy in an attempt to reach Daesh-held Deir Al-Zor province by themselves.
The commander in the pro-Assad military alliance denied news reports that said a hundred of the jihadists had already reached Daesh territory there.
The coalition has sworn to continue monitoring the convoy and disrupting any effort it makes to cross into jihadist territory, but will not bomb it directly because it contains civilians.
It has asked Russia to tell the Syrian government that it will not allow the convoy to move further east toward the Iraqi border, according to a statement issued late on Friday.
On Wednesday, the coalition said its jets had cratered a road and destroyed a bridge to stop the convoy progressing, and had bombed some of the jihadists’ comrades coming the other way to meet it.
Hezbollah and the Syrian army on Thursday changed the route of the convoy from Humeima, a hamlet deep in the southeast desert, to a location further north, but coalition jets again struck near that route, the commander said.
“It was considered a threat, meaning there was no passage that way,” the commander said. On Friday, coalition jets ran mock air raids over the convoy, the commander added.
“It caused panic among the Daeshis. The militants are scared the convoy will be bombarded as soon as it enters Deir Al-Zor,” the commander said, using a plural form of the Arabic acronym for Daesh to refer to its fighters. source:Arab News  

arabstoday
arabstoday

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

hezbollah syrian army seek new route for stranded daesh convoy hezbollah syrian army seek new route for stranded daesh convoy

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

hezbollah syrian army seek new route for stranded daesh convoy hezbollah syrian army seek new route for stranded daesh convoy

 



GMT 07:02 2017 Monday ,27 November

Nissan GT-R/C races at Silverstone

GMT 10:06 2015 Saturday ,27 June

Chevrolet lifts lid on 2016 Camaro Convertible

GMT 18:51 2018 Friday ,26 October

Four Palestinians killed by Israeli gunfire

GMT 03:14 2016 Wednesday ,28 December

Kiir: National dialogue will end civil war in S. Sudan

GMT 03:07 2017 Monday ,19 June

Syrian army declares ceasefire in Deraa

GMT 09:00 2014 Tuesday ,02 December

Jewels no money can buy on show in Florence

GMT 18:59 2017 Friday ,08 December

Morocco summons UNSC permanent members' envoys

GMT 10:00 2017 Thursday ,06 April

We are trying to re-raise Egyptian cotton value

GMT 21:43 2017 Tuesday ,07 March

Singer George Michael died of natural causes

GMT 21:57 2016 Wednesday ,23 November

Trump taps South Carolina Nikki Haley for UN ambassador

GMT 15:50 2017 Thursday ,21 September

Russia agrees to accept court ruling

GMT 00:20 2016 Sunday ,11 December

Bahrain deplores suicide blast in Egypt

GMT 00:53 2016 Sunday ,13 November

Trial of 494 MB members over Ramsis clashes adjourned
Arab Today, arab today
 
 Arab Today Facebook,arab today facebook  Arab Today Twitter,arab today twitter Arab Today Rss,arab today rss  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
arabstoday, Arabstoday, Arabstoday