britain not treating incident at military base as terrorism at this stage
Last Updated : GMT 06:49:16
Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
Last Updated : GMT 06:49:16
Arab Today, arab today

Britain not treating incident at military base as terrorism at this stage

Arab Today, arab today

Arab Today, arab today Britain not treating incident at military base as terrorism at this stage

Security staff locked down the base, used by the United States military
Mildenhall - Arab Today

US military personnel fired shots on Monday as they stopped a man who tried to force his way into a British military base used by the US Air Force, police said, although a security source said it was not thought to be a terrorism incident.
The Mildenhall Royal Air Force base said security staff locked down the base, used by the United States military to refuel US and NATO aircraft in Europe, at about 1300 GMT following reports of a disturbance.
“Shots were fired by American service personnel and a man has been detained with cuts and bruises and taken into custody,” Suffolk police said. “No other people have been injured as a result of the incident.”
The US Air Force said the incident at the base, which is about 77 miles (125 km) northeast of London, had been contained and the suspect had been apprehended.
A Western security source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, told Reuters the British authorities were “not treating the incident as terrorism related at this stage.”
The source added that Suffolk police were taking the lead on the incident and that specialist anti-terrorism officers were not immediately involved.
Police said they remained on the base but there was no threat to the base or local community.
“Police are not looking for anyone else on the site,” the Suffolk force said on Twitter.
Mildenhall houses the 100th Air Refueling Wing and some special operations squadrons.
The 1,162-acre base, which is home to about 3,100 US military and an additional 3,000 family members, is earmarked for closure after the United States said it was going to move is operations from the base to Germany.
The base said in a statement staff had been released from the lockdown about an hour-and-a-half after the incident.
“Individuals in the area surrounding the installation are asked to avoid the base at this time,” it said.
In 2016, a delivery driver was convicted of plotting to kill US troops based in England by staging road accidents with soldiers’ cars and then attacking them with knives and possibly a home-made bomb.
Prosecutors said Junead Khan had used his job to scout RAF Mildenhall and two other US bases while on carrying out deliveries.

Source:Arabnews

arabstoday
arabstoday

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

britain not treating incident at military base as terrorism at this stage britain not treating incident at military base as terrorism at this stage

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

britain not treating incident at military base as terrorism at this stage britain not treating incident at military base as terrorism at this stage

 



GMT 07:46 2017 Monday ,09 January

Preciously Paris: A new breed of high-end clutches

GMT 16:30 2017 Monday ,25 December

FNC approves draft law on endowments

GMT 04:01 2017 Tuesday ,19 December

Syrian government troops target Homos northern

GMT 03:27 2017 Saturday ,14 January

Britain mulls tougher laws to tackle corporate crime

GMT 07:19 2017 Wednesday ,27 September

England cricket drop Stokes after 'assault' arrest

GMT 00:09 2017 Tuesday ,21 February

Ski town skips Japan population slide

GMT 07:02 2017 Saturday ,29 April

Musa Receives Wali (governor) of Khartoum

GMT 06:33 2017 Saturday ,18 February

Hellenic Parliament President Meets Qatari Ambassador

GMT 08:16 2017 Tuesday ,05 December

Amazon brings Alexa from the home to the office

GMT 15:27 2016 Friday ,16 December

UAE-Indian Joint Consular Commission holds

GMT 06:47 2014 Monday ,01 September

February 18 - March 19

GMT 19:27 2017 Wednesday ,05 July

US Fed members divided on near-term inflation risk

GMT 03:42 2017 Saturday ,05 August

November23rd-December21st

GMT 18:22 2011 Tuesday ,17 May

Silent movie, lead Cannes race

GMT 21:54 2017 Wednesday ,30 August

Hope springs for Holder as West Indies shock England
Arab Today, arab today
 
 Arab Today Facebook,arab today facebook  Arab Today Twitter,arab today twitter Arab Today Rss,arab today rss  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube  Arab Today Youtube,arab today youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday arabstoday arabstoday
arabstoday
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
arabstoday, Arabstoday, Arabstoday